[Mimedefang] ClamAV's Worm/Trojan/Joke/W97M classifications

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Wed Jun 29 09:59:06 EDT 2005

mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote on 06/29/2005 09:48:54
AM:

> No, but if it's a word macro virus I would like to tell either the
sender
> or recipient that the message wasn't delivered because it was infected
> (since the sender is a real person).  If it's a message generated by a
> virus, I'd rather discard it and forget about it.

I use reject for viruses.  If it is a virus with its own SMTP engine, it
just pretty much dies.  If it is sent through a relay, an uses a forged
sender, the problem is the fault of the relay owner for having a borked-up
configuration.. If relays through using the real users name, it will
bounce back to the person infected.

In the rare case that it is legitimate, but infected, ie. a user sending
an infected word doc, it bounces back to them.