[Mimedefang] Re: Virus-notification for Admin and Recipient?

Tina Marie tina at tripacerdriver.com
Tue Jun 28 18:20:28 EDT 2005

In article <62d582a005062810245fe2fbfa at mail.gmail.com>, Albert Ulmer wrote:
> The problem is that our users and admin personnel have become used to
> the behaviour of AntiVir MailGate, which sends a short notification
> email to the admin, who it was that would have received a virus. In
> addition, users were also send a short email stating that a virus
> headed for them has been blocked.

I use the GraphDefang logging and a perl script to generate a web
page that shows the last 5 days with some pretty graphs, and a
different page with all the blocked email with from/to addresses
and why it was blocked.

This may not be practical with large numbers of users, but mine
seem very happy with it.  A link to the page is going to your email,
and I'd be glad to share my logging code or my generation code with
you.

Tina Marie