[Mimedefang] Q about Rejecting based on charset

James Ebright jebright at esisnet.com
Mon Jun 27 09:54:12 EDT 2005

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 16:37:00 -0500 (CDT), Jim McCullars wrote

>    If he knows for a fact that he wants to reject those emails
> outright, then rejecting them in filter() and avoiding a call to SA
> is the more prudent choice.

Well, while true it would be more efficient, I would not call it more prudent,
to me allowing the end user the choice to decide what is and is not spam when
the only positive hit might be the charset is more prudent, you can easily
allow for that in SA. Basically you loose the flexibility SA allows for a bit
more efficiency (probably a moot amount unless you are slammed with these
types of messages). But, as you pointed out, it is his call.

Also, Dirk, if you have a spam corpus of 10 years then you need to read the
thread about prior art and some recent patent debates, your information may be
usefull... [or were you exagerating a tad ;-) ]

Jim

--
EsisNet.com Webmail Client