[Mimedefang] Q about Rejecting based on charset

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Fri Jun 24 13:11:53 EDT 2005

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005, Dirk the Daring wrote:

>    I found some sample filter code on a website, and I'm trying to adapt
> it to what I want to do, which is reject E-Mail using these character
> sets. I'd appreciate a sanity-check of both the code and the idea.

   If you don't have foriegn nationals at your organization that may need
to send/receive email in those character sets, then I don't see a problem.
You may need to whitelist some domains (including roaringpenguin.com)
because I bounced mail from this list when I first did that.  I think it
was one particular user's email that would bounce, but it's been so long I
don't remember the user, or the character set that triggered it.

   HTH...

Jim McCullars
University of Alabama in Huntsville