[Mimedefang] MimeDefang+Sendmail+SA -- Spam box

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Fri Jun 24 10:05:12 EDT 2005

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, Craig Cicchetti wrote:

> now onto the problem:
>
> When i send email to a user, MIMEDefang grabs it, sends it to
> macafee/spamassassin no problem. looks great! .. however there has been a
> significant behavioral change on spamassassin when its being called in the
> MTA over when I called it directly from .procmail/maildrop forward file.
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to get it to not tag the message with a "Hey,
> that anatomical enhancement advertisement you just had to read through to
> find this message Is probably an undesired spam."  and just place any
> e-mail beyond a certain score into a mbox drop for this purpose.

   I don't think you can do this with MD/SA, if I understand the question
correctly.

   SA will behave differently between called by procmail and MD because
for one thing, MD will not allow SA to change the Subject of a message.
If you want to do that, you will have to change it in your filter rules
file (mimedefang-filter) by using the action_change_header() routine.

   As for putting mail in a particular mbox, MIMEDefang cannot do that
either.  It does not control local delivery of mail.  I don't think even
sendmail can do that.  It just calls the local mail delivery program to
drop the mail in your inbox.  If you want it directed to another folder,
you would still have to use something like procmail for that.

   HTH...

Jim McCullars
University of Alabama in Huntsville