[Mimedefang] unquarantining attachments

Rolf rolf at ses.tas.gov.au
Thu Jun 23 20:47:37 EDT 2005

hello

Where an attachment, such as of a type MD lists in
filter_bad_filename() is quarantined, I have been using
cat HEADERS PART.1.HEADERS PART.1.BODY | sendmail -oi -Am -f `cat
SENDER` `cat RECIPIENTS`

to deliver it. For some reason it has stopped working. It delivers a
zero byte sized attachment.  I have gone to the extent of snooping the
wire to capture the conversation and the attachment data (BODY) is
actually sent. I have tried with several mail clients and they all see
the same thing: a zero sized file.

We rarely do unquarantine attachments, so I am unsure of when this
started happening, but I have been doing it this way since about MD
2.39. Now using MD 2.51.

I can only think that the way the message parts are stored may have
changed in some revision of MD that I am unaware of.
I note that the part headers describe base64 encoding but that BODY is
not so stored, so I tried using uuencode -m to create a base64 version
of BODY but all that did was deliver a message with the first 4 chars
of the base64 encoded text.

Can anyone help?

Is there a preferable way of unquarantining a message where only a part
has been removed?

thanks

rolf.