[Mimedefang] MimeDefang+Sendmail+SA -- Spam box

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Thu Jun 23 17:33:37 EDT 2005

Craig wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out how to get it to not tag the message with a
> "Hey, that anatomical enhancement advertisement you just had to read
> through to find this message Is probably an undesired spam."  and
> just place any e-mail beyond a certain score into a mbox drop for
> this purpose.  I'd like each user to RECEIVE the message, but in a
> place where they're bracing themselves for the exposure to scantily
> clad jocks with pristinely waxed tree trunks and Lycra covered ICBMs.
>
> Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.  even if the answer is a
> "Can't be done" (which i highly doubt, but anything is possible, no?)

Add a header.
Take out the subject-replacement stuff.
Don't attach the report.
Configure mailbox-side rules or procmail recipes or what-have-you to automatically move stuff that has the header into a "junk" folder.

Note stupid MUA's like Outlook can still handle this if you swap the decimal score and the ***** score in the header line.  (Outlook rule: header contains "X-Spam-Score: **********")

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com                 805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer