[Mimedefang] MimeDefang+Sendmail+SA -- Spam box

Craig Cicchetti crc at nsi.edu
Thu Jun 23 17:06:37 EDT 2005

First, I've checked the FAQs, searched the roaring penguin archives best I
could, and grepped through the entire MimeDefang archive and dropping onto
the SA irc channels... If the answer is there,  and you'd rather say go
read the documentation, simply point me even to the right MONTH the
concept was brought up, and resolved, and I'll happily go back to RTFM.
I've spent the last five hours RTFM and i don't mind doing it again, but
this is an AWFUL lot of data to sift through for a problem that I'm not
even sure of the correct terminology.

After figuring out i still had an expired copy of Sophos sweep trial on my
system, and removing it (fixing my error 6 on virus scan calling  I am now
using a mail server that is now configured with MimeDefang 2.52, sendmail
8.13.4, and macafee vss 4.x,

now onto the problem:

When i send email to a user, MIMEDefang grabs it, sends it to
macafee/spamassassin no problem. looks great! .. however there has been a
significant behavioral change on spamassassin when its being called in the
MTA over when I called it directly from .procmail/maildrop forward file.

I'm trying to figure out how to get it to not tag the message with a "Hey,
that anatomical enhancement advertisement you just had to read through to
find this message Is probably an undesired spam."  and just place any
e-mail beyond a certain score into a mbox drop for this purpose.  I'd like
each user to RECEIVE the message, but in a place where they're bracing
themselves for the exposure to scantily clad jocks with pristinely waxed
tree trunks and Lycra covered ICBMs.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.  even if the answer is a
"Can't be done" (which i highly doubt, but anything is possible, no?)

Thanks much

cicchetti at nsi.edu