[Mimedefang] log which virusscanner found a virus

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Thu Jun 23 13:35:12 EDT 2005

Ken Cormack wrote:
> [...]

The performance of a given virus-scanner is heavily dependant on the order that message_contains_virus calls each scanner... the first scanner called has a huge advantage.

Possible solutions to more fairly treat each scanner:
* randomize the order that message_contains_virus calls scanners
* call all scanners for all messages - even if the first scanner found a virus, call the others - and log all "find"s for each message_contains_virus call

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com                 805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer