[Mimedefang] Feature request: pass/warn/reject

Dale J. Chatham dale at chatham.org
Thu Jun 23 11:00:49 EDT 2005

I have been using MIMEDefang with SpamAssassin  for several years and am
quite pleased with the product.

In every installation, I've been asked to divide incoming mail into
three categories:

1. Pass (probably not spam)
2. Warn (might be spam)
3. Fail (almost certainly spam)

Currently, MIMEDefang directly supports only two levels, pass/fail.  It
would be nice if the above scenario were directly supported so that the
spamassassin reports and sa-mimedefang configuration contained the warn
and fail levels.

While I can code up (and have) in mimedefang-filter what is necessary to
make this happen, reports don't reflect the three states.

This would seem to be a no-brainer.

--

    Carpe Noctem