[Mimedefang] Upgrading Bayes DBs

Richard Whelan richard.whelan at pipex.net
Wed Jun 22 10:50:54 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm currently trying to move from a pair of machines running MD 2.43 & SA 2.64 to a pair of much faster systems running MD 2.52 & SA 3.0.4.

I'd like to use my existing bayes and awl DBs as these have been built up over quite some time. I've tried using the db-to-txt.pl script to dump out the existing bayes db, but after running out of space at 10Gb I gave up. I'm now trying to use the sa-learn script to resync instead. The old bayes db is around 83 Mb, containing over 80000 for ham and the same again for nham. Yesterday, after that had been running for almost a week I gave up trying to use this as well. To me this sounds a little excesive. Is this normal or has something gone horribly wrong ? I had debug set on the sa-learn and that itself had well over 200 Mb in size. The lines being written say

Debug: refresh: 13295 /var/spool/MIMEDefang-bayes/bayes.mutex

I've got Berkerley DB installed as well. Do I need to do a sa-learn --import instead ?

Also, how do I go about converting the awl db ?

Many thanks in advance.

Richard