[Mimedefang] Order of the fuctions?

James Ebright jebright at esisnet.com
Tue Jun 21 10:00:25 EDT 2005

I think you are confused as to what I was replying to, for ALL of the default
fuctions you are 100% correct, but for filter_relay, filter_sender and
filter_recipient they are definately run WHEN SENDMAIL runs that part of the
code as the milter calls are dependant on those functions in sendmail (I
believe it was another on this list that pointed out that it was hooked
there). This is my guess as to why those are also possibly run in diff MD
slaves and globals cannot be set there (unless you save to a state file or
some such).

It is relatively easy to prove this is the case, reject something outright you
can test from (like your offsite hotmail address) in your access.db and log
how far it gets in each stage enabling all the filters in MD, then change the
delay checks and notice you get further (or less far depending on how you look
at it.)

This is the specific reason you MUST examine the access file manually in MD if
you delay checks (and have a need to like we do) as the access file will NOT
be examined by sendmail until after filter_recipient (when normally it would
be before).

Jim

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 00:05:06 +0200, Jan Pieter Cornet wrote

--
EsisNet.com Webmail Client