[Mimedefang] Using a db for subject lines to block

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Jun 20 22:16:24 EDT 2005

Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> Why the switch from your sendmail rules (i.e.  /etc/mail/subjects_full
> and /etc/mail/subjects_part)  to MD to check the subject?  I would think
> avoiding a milter call for memory and processor savings would be
> beneficial.

Well, if you're doing a milter call anyway, you're not losing anything
by moving all your content filtering into the milter.

And Ken's code could pick out individual words from the subject and
find them in the database.  I bet you _could_ do that with Sendmail
rulesets, but I shudder to imagine what they'd look like.