[Mimedefang] Order of the fuctions?

Matthew Schumacher matt.s at aptalaska.net
Fri Jun 17 15:53:18 EDT 2005

Kelson wrote:
> You're missing filter_relay, which comes before filter_sender and
> filter_recipient.
>
> Also it's important to remember that those three can run in entirely
> separate MD slaves than each other or the filter_begin/filter/filter_end
> trio.  You can't have variables reliably persist from filter_sender to
> filter_begin, for instance, because it might be another process handling
> it.

That is very important to know, I didn't realize that they could be
called on different slaves.

This creates a problem for me.  I need a way to get SA threshold out of
an LDAP directory and then use it instead of the default.  Since there
could be more than one recipient, I was going to loop though the
recipients in filter_recipient and use the lowest score.  Apparently
this won't work because whatever var I set in filter_recipient may not
be valid when I get to filter_end.

So I guess I need a way to get a list of recipients in the filter_end
function.  I suppose I could get the list out of the headers but that
won't catch bcc addresses and is generally a bit less accurate.

Do you know of a way to access the rcpt to: addresses in filter_end?

Thanks for your helpful response,

schu