[Mimedefang] HELP! Can no longer receive/send email after kernel upgrade

Sylvain Gagnon gagnon.sylvain at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 10:32:15 EDT 2005

I need help urgently, our unix admin is away for the weekend and just
before leaving yesterday, he upgraded the mail server OS to Debian 3.1
Since then, no email is able to go through the mail server :-(

Looking at the /var/log/mail.log file, I see the following:

Can't locate object method "new" via package "Mail::SpamAssassin" at
/usr/local/bin/mimedefang.pl line 6085. Compilation failed in require
at /usr/local/bin/mimedefang.pl line 4836

Any help at solving this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.