[Mimedefang] Email Filtering Article

MC lists at westiescum.com
Thu Jun 9 02:50:28 EDT 2005

Paul Whittney wrote:
> Most likely people here read slashdot at times (or all the time ;-), but
> there is an article on filtering email, with graphs, and other ideas.
>
> http://www.acme.com/mail_filtering/
>
> Be warned, he doesn't like perl, so I bet he's never tried MIMEdefang,
> and I don't quite agree with everything he has there, yet it might make
> interesting reading (and for David, how good a job MIMEdefang does ;-).
>
> I didn't know some of the GreetPause items, and I get MIMEdefang to run
> the BASE64 encoding tests on zip files, rather than bring procmail into
> the equation.
>
> Anyway, thought to pass it on..
>
> -Paul

I found it quite an informative article coming from another perspective
than the usual "Spam assassin!! SPAM ASSASSIN!! OMG
SPAMASSASSININININ!!" solution ;)

Was a few bits of information throughout it that were a bit informative,
while I didn't totally agree on his solution to pretty much bring
procmail into everything, it looked to suit his needs perfectly.

Cheers,
MC