[Mimedefang] [Resolved] Start order for sendmail, MD and Clam

Dirk the Daring dirk at psicorps.org
Tue Jun 7 14:19:25 EDT 2005

>From: alan premselaar <alien at 12inch.com>
>
>>    Is there a particular order in which I should start sendmail, MD and
>> Clam? That is, are there any dependencies, or reason that one should be
>> running before the other (seems that sendmail will gripe about a missing
>> socket if MD is not running, so I start MD first, but what about Clam?)
>
>CLAMD
>MIMEDefang
>Sendmail

   Thanks, Alan. That's what I'm looking for. I'm writing my start
scripts to check for dependencies accordingly (Clam starts first,
doesn't check for MD or sendmail; MD starts next, checks for clam before
starting; sendmail starts last, checks for MD before starting).

   The "stop" scripts are a little more problematic. I've decided that
for stopping, say, clam, it should check for MD being run, generate a
warning if MD is up, but still proceed with the stop even if MD is
running. Same for MD with relation to sendmail.

Dirk