[Mimedefang] Re: [Resolved}: Adding clamd *after* install

Dirk the Daring dirk at psicorps.org
Tue Jun 7 10:03:54 EDT 2005

   Hello, all. I asked:

>Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 13:24:41 -0400 (EDT)
>
>Running configuration:
>	Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9
>	Sendmail v8.13.4
>	MIMEDefang v2.51
>
>   For various reasons, I was not able to build and install ClamAV
>until MD was already up and running. ClamAV v0.85 has been built and
>installed. I've edited clamd.conf to use the MD socket directory and

>   If I use "perl mimedefang.pl -features", ClamD shows as disabled. How
>do I get MD to recognize and use clamd? Do I have to rebuild and
>reinstall MIMEDefang?

   Thanks to everyone who replied. I ended up adding some lines to
mimedefang-filter as suggested by the replies below.  I felt this was a
better idea than hacking the mimedefang.pl script - that if, add the
function via a configuration file change as opposed to altering the code
itself (altho I'm sure changing mimedefang.pl would work well).