[Mimedefang] Adding clamd *after* MD install

Matt Cuttitta mcut at umich.edu
Mon Jun 6 15:05:58 EDT 2005

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Kenneth Porter wrote:

> --On Monday, June 06, 2005 1:24 PM -0400 Dirk the Daring
> <dirk at psicorps.org> wrote:
>
> I have this near the top of my mimedefang-filter:
>
> # manually override compile-time features, clamd is installed
> $Features{'Virus:CLAMD'} = 1;
> $ClamdSock  = "/var/run/clamav/clamd.sock";

It's possible that you have to set it in mimedefang.pl, not in
mimedefang-filter.  I installed Clamd after MIMEDefang, as you did, and I
added the following line to mimedefang.pl (and commented out the old one).

$Features{'Virus:CLAMD'}      = ('/usr/local/clamav/sbin/clamd' ne
'/bin/false' ? '/usr/local/clamav/sbin/clamd' : 0);

And now it appears with 'mimedefang.pl -features'.

Matt