[Mimedefang] -x is adding Milter add: header: X-Scanned-By: MIMEDefang 2.52 on x.x.x.x ?

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Mon Jun 6 14:48:35 EDT 2005

On Oct 26,  5:42pm, "Mack" wrote:
} Subject: RE: [Mimedefang] -x is adding Milter add: header: X-Scanned-By:	M
} DOH it's in the changelog notes
}
} 2004-10-26  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>
} 	* Version 2.46-BETA-1 released.
} 	* mimedefang.c: Add IP address of scanning host to X-Scanned-By:
} 	header.
}
} Can we have a switch for it? maybe at compile time to disable it, as it's a
} great way of giving out ip addressess that you may not want to (eg my natted
} IP's)??

     You could use -X to not add the header at all, then have your
mimedefang-filter add your own version of the header.

} I guess for now, it's a patch and re-compile (gonna have to remember all
} these changes lol!)

     This is where CVS comes in handy.  Here's a good link telling how
to manage changes to third party code using CVS:

http://www.mewburn.net/luke/papers/3rdparty-and-cvs.html

Using the above method, I keep my mimedefang-filter under CVS control
and can easily update it for changes to the example one such as the
recent addition of detect_and_load_perl_modules().

}-- End of excerpt from "Mack"