[Mimedefang] Adding clamd *after* MD install

Dirk the Daring dirk at psicorps.org
Mon Jun 6 13:24:41 EDT 2005

  I've looked at the MD docs and Googled, but I'm not finding a good
solution for this situation. Hopefully, someone else has done this.

Running configuration:
	Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9
	Sendmail v8.13.4
	MIMEDefang v2.51

   For various reasons, I was not able to build and install ClamAV
until MD was already up and running. ClamAV v0.85 has been built and
installed. I've edited clamd.conf to use the MD socket directory and
to run clamd as the "defang" user (with AllowSupplementaryGroups enabled
and the "defang" user added to the ClamAV group in /etc/groups). clamd
starts fine.

   If I use "perl mimedefang.pl -features", ClamD shows as disabled. How
do I get MD to recognize and use clamd? Do I have to rebuild and
reinstall MIMEDefang?

Dirk