[Mimedefang] -x is adding Milter add: header: X-Scanned-By: MIMEDefang 2.52 on x.x.x.x ?

Mack roaringpenguin.com at bass-speaker.com
Sun Jun 5 17:37:48 EDT 2005

having upgraded to mimedefang 2.52 on a new build box with my old milter
(after changing it)

no matter what i change the -x to in the start script, it always puts 'on
x.x.x.x' after it,
I've never seen this before, and a quick look through the mimedefang.c gives
me this (in FUNCTION: eom)

    if (scan_body && *scan_body) {
        if (data->myip) {
            snprintf(buffer, SMALLBUF, "%s on %s", scan_body, data->myip);
            buffer[SMALLBUF-1] = 0;
            MD_SMFI_TRY(smfi_addheader, (ctx, "X-Scanned-By", buffer));
        } else {
            MD_SMFI_TRY(smfi_addheader, (ctx, "X-Scanned-By", scan_body));
        }
    }

Now I'm guessing the reason is because i'm using ipvsadm (IP Virtual Server)
as part of my load balancing, and the ip address of the machine is not
really the ip address that sendmail is seeing (and of course i don't want
these IP addressess passed out globaly)

Is my only option to patch the mimedefang.c and remove the check ? ie

    if (scan_body && *scan_body) {
            MD_SMFI_TRY(smfi_addheader, (ctx, "X-Scanned-By", scan_body));
    }

or is there another way of doing it ?

Cheers

Mack