[Mimedefang] md_check_against_smtp_server

Tory Blue tmblue at responsys.com
Fri Jun 3 17:23:52 EDT 2005

Behalf Of David F. Skoll

Tory Blue wrote:

> I don't want to accept and bounce, that is the point of this option, but
> that's what it's doing. Or it's in fact not working correctly, however my
> unix front ending a 2003 server, would not show user unknowns in the mail
> log, that the exchange server would only know about if it was not doing
the
> checks.

You need to do some Deep Black Magic to get Microsoft Ex-pain-ge 2003
to reject at RCPT TO: time:

http://kbase.vircom.com/Kbase32/print.asp?id=1188&Lang=1

> So I have to believe that my unix host is making the call to the internal
> server and getting the OK (it then sends) or user unknown and it starts
it's
> little bounce process, instead of rejecting during the smtp session..

Exactly.  It's fixable with Exchange 2003, but not any earlier version.

Yep 2003 allows this and that's why I was able to start using it. the
exchange server returns

550 5.1.1 User unknown

So it's working and it's giving the proper insight into my
Senmail/Mimedefang system, but mimedefang is not bouncing during the smtp
commection, it's bouncing after the fact.

So not sure what is going on,

Tory