[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.52 is released

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Jun 1 20:13:03 EDT 2005

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com wrote:

>>Does this just affect users of fprotd?

> No... any perl script which contains the symbols $` and $' will
> cause these variables to be populated for ANY match (including the
> bazillions of SpamAssassin matches)

Yup. :-(

We did some timings on some busy production machines and didn't notice
too much of a difference.  However, this was with CanIt which has tons
of other variables like database and network latency.  I expect a
"pure" scanning system will benefit quite a bit from the fix.

I also need to track down who contributed the fprotd code... and check
code submissions more carefully!