[Mimedefang] Code to remove winmail.dat files and replace them with the attachments.

Steffen Kaiser skmimedefang at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Wed Jul 27 04:50:52 EDT 2005

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005, David F. Skoll wrote:

> Is there a reason you didn't use Convert::TNEF?
> http://search.cpan.org/~dougw/Convert-TNEF-0.17/

Does somebody know how to extract the RTF message using Convert::TNEF? I
haven't found anything in the pod nor pointed google to something useful.

I suspect $tnef->message to return something, where one can get the hands
on the message, but I cannot see how.

The example in the pod is also just dealing with "real" attachments.

I verified the existance of the RTF part by loading the winmail.dat into
ktnef and selecting "Action | Show Message Text" from the menu; but using
the module I do not see it in neither

$tnef->message
nor
$tnef->attachments

First one seems to contain status information only; latter returns an
empty list (actually there are no real attachments).

Bye,

--
Steffen Kaiser