[Mimedefang] Mail::SpamAssassin::BayesStore::SQL database persistence.

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Wed Jul 20 14:22:02 EDT 2005

Matthew Schumacher wrote:
> The only thing the untie_db code does in the SQL module is disconnect
> from the database.  Since there is never a reason to do that unless we
> are exiting (in which case it's cleaned up anyway) I commented out the
> disconnect and undef statements.
>
> I can now see persistent db connections, so it works, but I wonder if
> there are any adverse affects that are eluding me.  Can you think of
> any?

Yes - the codebase now has a function with a misleading name.

I agree, though, why call untie_db at all?  How many times is it called?  Maybe a rewrite is called for, and a patch submitted to Apache?

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com                 805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer