[Mimedefang] Code to remove winmail.dat files and replace them with the attachments.

hans hm04 hm04.yer at ma.yer.at
Tue Jul 19 15:24:33 EDT 2005

hi Thomas

did you find a solution in the meantime ?
i noticed, not all winmail.dat-attachements do have
real data with included files.
some of them have only a pointer to a file of an external filesystem.
therefore nothing couldn't be extracted.

i am also interesting of automtic converting winmail.dat to
"normal" attachments - as we don't use microsoft
so i asked for a solution in 02/2004 - but no satisfied answers.
in the meantime there is a patch availabel - as i see.

are there success-stories with this patch too ?

best regards
hans