[Mimedefang] RE: HELP! At end of my rope with MD/SA

Dirk the Daring dirk at psicorps.org
Wed Jul 6 15:32:38 EDT 2005

Rob MacGregor asked:

>> The last command won't run unless I remove the
>> "Features{'SpamAssassin'}" from
>> mimedefang-filter. If I leave that in, I get the same error as in my
>> first message.
>
>What happens if you try the sample filter that's provided?

   As long as the logic is "if {Features("SpamAssassin")}", everything
works. Whether that is by using the default supplied filter or whatever.
As soon as I try to require SA (so I can simplfy the filter logic), it
pukes.

>I've got MD 2.52 running with SA 3.0.4 quite happily here.  Looks like
>you've got something oddball going on.

   I agree, but I'm at a loss as to what is "oddball". MD claims (at
compile/install) that it sees SA just fine. As I showed in my previous
message, "mimedefang.pl -features" and perl -MMail::SpamAssassin -e
'print "installed\n"'" both insist that SA is present.

   One thing that *might* be "oddball". I don't set environment
variables for MD - I pass it command-line parameters. So instead of
setting an environment variable "MX_EMBED_PERL", I just pass the "-E"
parameter to the multiplexor. Could this be an issue?

Dirk