[Mimedefang] ClamAV's Worm/Trojan/Joke/W97M classifications

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Jul 1 14:12:53 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 12:38, Jim McCullars wrote:

> The operating parameters that I run under are based on my experience with
> the here and now.

Agreed - it took my own experience to convince me that knowingly
participating in any fashion in virus delivery was an evil thing.  A
couple of years ago I would have argued on the other side (and probably
did).  I just don't want people to pretend that sending a 5xx rejection
is any different than sending a bounce yourself when you are talking to
any real MTA or claim that its not 'their fault' that a bounce is sent.

>    If that's a concern, then enabling sendmail's nobodyreturn option is
> probably in order.

That adds another copy if I remember correctly.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com