[Mimedefang] Detect mail loops in mimedefang ?

Florian Meister Florian.Meister at medienhaus.at
Thu Jul 28 07:56:02 EDT 2005

I had a mail-looping problem last week and now I want to implement
something to detect such loops and drop the looping mail if it's looping
more than x times.

First I wanted to check the Received: lines and count every line where
one of our mailrelays is in. If the count reaches a specific value drop
the mail. The Problem is, that the Received-lines are written new if the
message is bounced.

Theoretically I have to check the whole message for this Received: lines
? Or is there another possibility to check for looping mails ?

Cu, florian