[Mimedefang] MXCommand: connect: Connection refused

pkaldis pkaldis at pixar.com
Thu Jul 28 15:36:30 EDT 2005

Hi folks, I've been running with Mimedefang and Spamassassin for over a
year now without any problem. Suddenly we are seeing the above message
on our external mail server and the multiplexor keeps dying after about
a minute of operation. This is a RH Linux 7.2 machine with 2GB of RAM.
I've upgraded to the latest mimedefang, and tried debugging the
process, and I'm getting nowhere. The multiplexor is started with the
following options:

/usr/local/bin/mimedefang-multiplexor -d\
-p '/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang-multiplexor.pid' \
-U defang \
-t '/var/log/mimedefang/stats' \
-m 2 \
-x 4 \
-L 60 \
-b 600 \
-q 10 \
-Q 30 \
-I 50 \
-s '/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang-multiplexor.sock'

I've tried the adding -I 50 but it has no effect. I've even tried
setting the -d flag but I don't see any
/var/log/mimedefang-event-debug.log getting generated.

MD now at 2.52. Spamassassin is version 2.63
Any clues on how to proceed from here?

--

Peter Kaldis               UNIX Lizard         `   ,
Pixar Animation Studios    Systems Group     <>|()/~~-