[Mimedefang] Code to remove winmail.dat files and replace them withthe attachments.

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Fri Jul 22 12:27:00 EDT 2005

Thomas Tinglum wrote:
> The logic is as follows.
> Use tnef to extract the filenames and put them in an array.
> Use tnef to extract the files into a tmpdir.
> Merge the patch to the tmpdir with the filenames into an array and you
> have a full path to the extracted files.

Hope you exercise a due amount of paranoia...

I'd be very cautious of doing it this way.  I'd probably name the files things like "1", "2", "3" etc.  I worry too much about a malicious tnef file with a name like:
for example.

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com                 805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer