[Mimedefang] Check @Recipients before stream_by_recipient?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Jul 22 11:35:02 EDT 2005

Mark Tranchant wrote:

> Man page says:
> This  function  should  only  be called at the very
> beginning of filter_begin(), like this:

> What's to stop me doing things before this stage? For example, if I have
> a spamtrap address on a web page, and the Recipient array contains that
> address, I would want to reject the message for all recipients:

> Can I do that?

Yes.  You also want to put code like this at the beginning of filter
and filter_end:

      # Avoid redundant processing if msg has already been rejected
      return if message_rejected();

My man pages often contain little white lies, designed to prevent
novices from hurting themselves.  Power users are free to ignore
these little white lies. :-)