[Mimedefang] Re: Newbie question - testing

Daniel C. Mahoney dan at wolf.com
Thu Jul 21 14:27:12 EDT 2005

James Ebright writes:

> What is the output of mimedefang.pl -features

MIMEDefang version 2.52

Archive::Zip                  : yes
File::Scan                    : yes
HTML::Parser                  : yes
HTML::TokeParser              : yes
Net::DNS                      : yes
Path:CONFDIR                  : yes (/etc/mail)
Path:QUARANTINEDIR            : yes (/var/spool/MD-Quarantine)
Path:SENDMAIL                 : yes (/usr/sbin/sendmail)
Path:SPOOLDIR                 : yes (/var/spool/MIMEDefang)
SpamAssassin                  : yes
Virus:CLAMAV                  : yes (/usr/local/bin/clamscan)
Virus:CLAMD                   : yes (/usr/local/sbin/clamd)
HTMLCleaner                   : no
Unix::Syslog                  : no
Virus:AVP                     : no
Virus:AVP5                    : no
Virus:BDC                     : no
Virus:CSAV                    : no
Virus:FPROT                   : no
Virus:FPROTD                  : no
Virus:FSAV                    : no
Virus:FileScan                : no
Virus:HBEDV                   : no
Virus:NAI                     : no
Virus:NVCC                    : no
Virus:OpenAV                  : no
Virus:SOPHIE                  : no
Virus:SOPHOS                  : no
Virus:SymantecCSS             : no
Virus:TREND                   : no
Virus:TROPHIE                 : no
Virus:VEXIRA                  : no

Anomy::HTMLCleaner            : missing
Archive::Zip                  : Version 1.10
Digest::SHA1                  : Version 2.10
File::Scan                    : Version 1.21
HTML::Parser                  : Version 3.36
HTML::TokeParser              : Version 2.28
IO::Socket                    : Version 1.28
IO::Stringy                   : Version 2.108
MIME::Base64                  : Version 3.01
MIME::Tools                   : Version 5.417
MIME::Words                   : Version 5.417
Mail::Mailer                  : Version 1.62
Mail::SpamAssassin            : Version 3.000004
Net::DNS                      : Version 0.46
Unix::Syslog                  : missing

> (does it see clamav, etc)

Looks like it.

> Have you enabled network tests:
> $SALocalTestsOnly = 0;  # I DO want network tests

That's a potential problem - that was NOT set in mimedefang-filter! I've
added it and will retest, thanks.

> Sounds like MD may be installed but your mimedefang-filter may not be correct
> (though the default one you mentioned is good)
> esp if you are using an old one then go through the changelog and look for
> INCOMPATIBILITY.

I'll check that as well.

Thanks for all the help!

Dan Mahoney
dan at wolf.com

"How you behave towards cats here below determines your status in Heaven."
Robert Heinlein

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of
life - music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer