[Mimedefang] Mail::SpamAssassin::BayesStore::SQL databasepersistence.

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Wed Jul 20 11:19:03 EDT 2005

schu wrote:
> So the question is, is there a way to make SA use persistent
> connections?  I read though the docs and didn't see anything.
> Perhaps a way to create a persistent connection in MD and pass it to
> the SA module?

Some thoughts...

1. spamd
spamassassin calls through the "spamassassin" command and the Mail::SpamAssassin perl modules don't live long enough to hold on to a persistent connection.  But spamd threads do.

2. connection pooling
Perhaps a "middle layer" could be developed, consisting of a daemon that does nothing but relay connection info - each connection could be kept open for a certain time after it is nominally closed.  If a request for a new connection comes in, surviving connections could be reused.  Windows has an option to do this for ODBC connections on a per-driver level.

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com                 805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer