[Mimedefang] network problem

fredrik.pettai at vattenfall.com fredrik.pettai at vattenfall.com
Fri Jul 15 08:46:33 EDT 2005

>Hehe funny
>Well I just ask if someone had a similiar problem, before I order a new server.

I have never lost contact to my host, but...

It could be that your system is very busy swapping because of memory shortage then multiple mimedefang-multiplexors are spawn rapidly because of a peek of incoming/outgoing mails.

This has happen for me on or two times and mimedefang tend to consume much memory and cpu resources then there are many spawned multiplexors working. I had to dubble my RAM size to solve the problem. (i now have 2 GB in my box).

You could also try to set the maximum multiplexors to a smaller amount than the default...