[Mimedefang] Strange goings on

Richard Whelan richard.whelan at pipex.net
Thu Jul 14 10:46:54 EDT 2005

Hi,

Hope you can help. I'm currently testing two new systems, running MD
2.52, SA 3.0.4. Both machine are identical, hardware, OS, etc.The filter
uses filter_relay, filter_sender and filter_recipient. I have the filter
reading the entries for these from DBM files. The bayes dB is newly
built, as is the awl. The main mimedefang-filter is the same on both
systems. I've check permissions, and these also appear to be the same.
So far I have tested whitelisting at the very beginning so all further
checks (including attachments) are skipped, a specific sender, specific
recipient, all of which so exactly what it being told to do, skip
further checking. However, the last test, which includes sender and
recipient, still tags the mail as spam on one of the machines. I can't
find anything that would hint why it's being tagged instead of being
skipped.

Has anyone got any thoughts as to why this is happening, and how I could
increase the debug to see if I can see anything ? It's getting a little
frustrating knowing I'm so close, but still have this one problem.

Many thanks,

Richard

--
Richard Whelan