[Mimedefang] SpamAssassin net tests disabled then called by mimedefang.

fredrik.pettai at vattenfall.com fredrik.pettai at vattenfall.com
Thu Jul 7 08:06:17 EDT 2005

Hello!

I'm running MIMEDefang 2.51 and SpamAssassin 3.0.4 running on a Solaris box.
The strange problem that i have is that the SA net tests don't run then SA is called by MD.

First, i have runned the sample spamassassin tests, like:

# spamassassin -t < sample-spam.txt > spam.out

Which shows that the network tests work:

 pts rule name              description
-2.8 ALL_TRUSTED            Did not pass through any untrusted hosts
1000 GTUBE                  BODY: Generic Test for Unsolicited Bulk Email
 1.5 RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100 BODY: Razor2 gives confidence level above 50%
                            [cf:  56]
 0.1 RAZOR2_CHECK           Listed in Razor2 (http://razor.sf.net/)
 0.1 DNS_FROM_AHBL_RHSBL    RBL: From: sender listed in dnsbl.ahbl.org

Second, i've changed /etc/mail/sa-mimedefang.cf so "skip_rbl_checks" is set to 0 (zero), and also doublechecked that mimedefang.pl looks for the config in the right directory (/etc/mail/)

But it still doesn't work...

the mimedefang-filter i use, is a slightly modified version of "suggested-minimum-filter-for-windows-clients"

Have i missed something in the docs?
I didn't find any usefull tips then i searched the archives.

Re,
/P