[Mimedefang] Newbie Question

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Tue Jul 5 09:04:19 EDT 2005

Hello all,

I have installed mimedefang this year (I work at a school district,
summer is the "time of change" for all things technology).  In recent
years, I ran clamav and spamassassin via the /etc/procmailrc file.  It
worked fine, but I'm looking for efficiency.  (As a milter like
mimedefang, each mail is checked only once, even if it has multiple
recipients).

The thing that worries me, is I dont' see any reports of "clean" or
description of spamminess.  Does mimedefang honor the settings in
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf (if I set the level to 4 instead of 5
for example)?  Is there any way to add email headers that show "scanned
for viruses" and "spam information" in each email?

I really have searched and looked at the config file, but I just can't
seem to wrap my brain around it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a ton,
-Shawn
--
Shawn Powers