[Mimedefang] really high cpu

Stephen Ford stephenmford at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 17:08:17 EST 2005

mimedefang is using ~45% of my cpu which has me scared
since there isn't any mail running through the box
except mine and I'm suppose to use this box for the
campus staff of over 1000 employee's in a few weeks.
I'm not getting much of a delay when I send mail that
isn't spam (less then a second) and spam is delayed
for ~10 seconds.

I'm running Solaris 9 with 2 gigs of ram.  I have
/var/spool/MIMEDefang in a 1 gig swap partition.  I
installed the newest mimedefang this afternoon and the
newest spamassassin last Friday through CPAN.  I took
out the blacklist and uriblacklist which brought the
box to it's knee's but it wasn't doing that when I was
running spamassassin 3.0.

Any suggestions before I throw this on a bigger box?