[Mimedefang] Berkley DB

Ryan Heimbecker rheimbecker at millards.com
Tue Jan 25 10:44:45 EST 2005

We're on Fedora Core 3, compiling Sendmail from source as per the
Mimedefang HOWTO.  We're getting an error indicating that Berkley DB is
not installed, yet it is.  We linked the libdb.so file to the
libdb-4.2.so and now it's trying to compile in Berkley DB.  However, it
keeps erroring out saying in cannot find the DB header file.  We
download the Berkley DB source from Fedora, but we're not sure where the
source files should go to make sendmail to see them.

Any help would be appreciate.

Thanks.
Ryan.