[Mimedefang] MD/SA and Outlook

Todd Aiken taiken at ubishops.ca
Thu Jan 20 10:40:01 EST 2005

On 20 Jan 2005 at 10:18, David F. Skoll wrote:

> > > Those are not put in by MIMEDefang; something else must be doing it,
> > > or you've modified the example filter quite a bit.
>
> > This is part of SpamAssassin's default configuration:
>
> Please see the FAQ: http://www.mimedefang.org/node.php?id=21
>
> SpamAssassin cannot change the message in any way; all changes must
> be done with MIMEDefang.

Absolutely true, and the line:

                action_change_header('X-Spam-Report', $fixed_report);

in the filter_end section of my mimedefang-filter does that.  However,
what is included in this header is created by SpamAssassin, which is
where my problem was.  I solved it by rather than removing the blank
"report" lines in SA's configuration file, I changed them to "report .".
Thus there are no longer blank lines inside the X-Spam-Report header, and
my Outlook user's don't complain anymore.

CU L8R...

Todd A. Aiken
Systems Analyst - Administrator
Cole Computer Centre
BISHOP'S UNIVERSITY
Lennoxville, Quebec, CANADA

HTML in email is like putting an air conditioner on a motorcycle.
Read why here:  http://www.expita.com/nomime.html