[Mimedefang] whitelist question

Lisa Casey lisa at jellico.com
Tue Jan 18 16:57:09 EST 2005

Hi Again,

Sorry to be rather obtuse about this but I  tried to do this and screwed it
up according to the error messages I was getting in my maillog.

> If your filter is bouncing the message as SPAM, then you can whitelist it
in
> SpamAssassin using the whitelist_from directive in your SpamAssassin conf
file.

> If however it is being blocked because your filter doesn't like the
attachment
> types sent to it, or for some other reason calls action_discard or
> action_bounce, then you have to code the exceptions into your filter - see
the
> example below.

The e-mail is being bounced because of a particular section in my
mimedefang-filter, so
I'm pretty sure I want to do this whitelisting using Mimedefang, not
spamassassin.

>  At the top of your filter:
>  $IncomingWhitelist{'example.com'} = 1;
>   $IncomingWhitelist{'sender at whitelisted.com'} = 1;

Do I just put this at the very top of  /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter ??

>  At the top of filter_recipient:

I don't have a section in /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter called
filter_recipient.

If posting my mimedefang-filter  would help any I'ld be glad to do so.

Lisa Casey