[Mimedefang] MD/SA and Outlook

Todd Aiken taiken at ubishops.ca
Tue Jan 18 15:48:04 EST 2005

Some of my Outlook loving users are whining that Outlook 2003 is
displaying some of the MD/SA headers in the body of the message, most
notably the "Content preview" and "Content analysis details".  I assume
that this is Outlook's fault because it is too stupid to differentiate
between headers and message body, but just wanted to validate this.

(Can you tell that I absolutely adore Outlook and Exchange?)

Other than removing these headers, is there anything else I can do to
stop them from whining?  I find these very useful when POPping my mail
selectively from home with Pegasus Mail over a dialup connection, as I
can preview the message without actually downloading it, and then if it
turns out to really be SPAM, I can delete it on server without
downloading.

Thanks.

CU L8R...

Todd A. Aiken
Systems Analyst - Administrator
Cole Computer Centre
BISHOP'S UNIVERSITY
Lennoxville, Quebec, CANADA

HTML in email is like putting an air conditioner on a motorcycle.
Read why here:  http://www.expita.com/nomime.html