[Mimedefang] Milter rejecting message?

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Thu Jan 13 18:06:34 EST 2005

Hi, we have the unusual situation that users with a navy.mil address are
unable to send email to our campus.  It's getting rejected with the
"Domain unable to resolve" error, but look at the log entry:

Jan 13 16:57:35 smtp-in1 sendmail[29029]: [ID 801593 mail.info]
j0DMutQN029029: Milter: to=<mccullj at uah.edu>, reject=451 4.1.8 Domain of
sender address some.user at navy.mil does not resolve

It seems to say that the milter is rejecting the email, because usually it
will say something like "ruleset=check_rcpt" but here it says Milter.  I
don't have the error string in my mimedefang-filter file.  Is MD rejecting
this email?  Thanks...

Jim McCullars
University of Alabama in Huntsville