[Mimedefang] Truncated message on stream_by_domain() due to lack of dot stuffing

Kevin Swift kevin.swift at blackspider.com
Wed Jan 12 11:13:26 EST 2005

Hi,
   Has anyone come across a problem with single '.' lines in an email
truncating the message if stream_by_domain is called?

If I send a message like the following....

Some text
more text

the next line is a .
.
More text after the . line
LASTLINE

...to two recipients on different domains then our code calls
stream_by_domain ()

The message received is truncated because of the single '.'

To test this I changed resend_message_specifying_mode() to do...

        # Copy message over
        while (<IN>) {
            if ($_ eq ".\n") { print CHILD "..\n"; }
            else { print CHILD };
        }

... this solved the problem but I would have thought this would have
been seen before.
Am I doing something wrong? Anyone seen similar problems?

Thanks,

Kevin Swift