[Mimedefang] tagging mail sent to aliases

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Wed Jan 12 05:48:15 EST 2005

On May 29,  4:33am, "James Ebright" wrote:
} On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 00:11:52 -0800, John Nemeth wrote
} > On May 28,  5:54am, "Gary Funck" wrote:
} > }
} > } I notice a lot of spam gets sent to one of a number of mail
} > aliases, which } we've added to /etc/aliases to catch alternate
} > spellings of our e-mail } addresses.  Is there a method within
} > sendmail to notice when it has mode } an alias substituion, and to
} > then have MdF add a header tag noting this } happened?  If it can do
} > that, then it'd be easy to write a custom rule } that dings the
} > usage of alternate spellings.
} >
} >      Can't do this since mail is sent to milters before sendmail does
} > any processing, including checking to see if the receipient is valid.
}
} Unless you delay checks.

     Nope, that doesn't make a difference.

}-- End of excerpt from "James Ebright"