[Mimedefang] Question about add_recipient

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Tue Jan 11 13:49:42 EST 2005

--On Tuesday, January 11, 2005 1:10 PM -0500 "Cormack, Ken"
<Ken.Cormack at roadway.com> wrote:

> I have been asked to find a way to have alerts that are emailed to a
> particular pager automatically copied to two other engineer's pager email
> addresses.

This looks like a job for /etc/aliases. Instead of publishing the raw pager
account, publish an alias. You can then copy mail for that alias to as many
mailboxes as you want.

I can never remember my pager number, so I just put an easy-to-remember
alias in my alias file, and add my regular email to that so that if I miss
a page from poor reception, I still see it in my regular mailbox, which I
check fairly frequently.

Something like:

pager-ken: 1234567 at pagercompany.com, ken