[Mimedefang] tagging mail sent to aliases

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Thu Jan 6 03:11:52 EST 2005

On May 28,  5:54am, "Gary Funck" wrote:
}
} I notice a lot of spam gets sent to one of a number of mail aliases, which
} we've added to /etc/aliases to catch alternate spellings of our e-mail
} addresses.  Is there a method within sendmail to notice when it has mode
} an alias substituion, and to then have MdF add a header tag noting this
} happened?  If it can do that, then it'd be easy to write a custom rule
} that dings the usage of alternate spellings.

     Can't do this since mail is sent to milters before sendmail does
any processing, including checking to see if the receipient is valid.

}-- End of excerpt from "Gary Funck"