[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang + HTML::Cleaner problem with UTF-8 an d other encodings

Cormack, Ken Ken.Cormack at roadway.com
Wed Feb 23 13:15:10 EST 2005

> Running RH9 + Mimedefang-2.49 + anomy-HTMLCleaner-1.25

If memory servers, I remember there being discussion somewhere a couple
years ago saying that RH9 was first RH version to ship with the variable
"LANG" set to "UTF-8" in the file /etc/sysconfig/i18n, and that this was
causing some wierdness with certain perl functions.

I don't know where you are located, but you might try setting "LANG=en_US"
in /etc/sysconfig/i18n (the same way that RH8 was set), and see if that
helps.

Ken